Reserve Team Results, Reports and Table for Season 1999/2000:

Final Reserve League East Table:

Team Pld W L D For Agst Pts
Dunfermline Athletic 21 17 4 0 68 16 51
Inverness CT 21 11 7 3 49 38 36
Arbroath 21 10 7 4 35 25 34
Raith Rovers 21 9 6 6 31 24 33
Forfar Athletic 21 8 8 5 33 30 29
Montrose 21 7 11 3 34 54 24
Brechin City 21 5 12 4 32 59 19
East Fife 21 3 15 3 18 54 12

30 August  Raith Rovers 1  East Fife 2 (Reserve League East) This match was played at Duffus Park, Cupar. East Fife took an early lead in two minutes when Ben Honeyman fired home an angled shot from the edge of the penalty area. Ten minutes before half time Kieran Grattan sent in a cross to the far post where Steve Kirk was on hand to square the ball for Ryan Mooney to score. Rovers stepped up a gear after the interval and, after squandering several chances, finally pulled a goal back with ten minutes remaining.

7 September  East Fife 1  Arbroath 1 (Reserve League East) Arbroath took the lead against the run of play after 14 minutes. East Fife equalised just before half time when Steve Kirk caught the Arbroath defence out with a quickly taken free kick from the edge of the penalty area. The referee spoiled the match by sending off two players (one from each side) and booking a further nine for minor infringements, at the same time turning a blind eye to more serious offences.

13 September  Brechin City 1 East Fife 3  (Reserve League East) After a goal-less first half, East Fife took the lead through Gavin Tinley in 54 minutes. After putting the East Fife defence under considerable pressure, Brechin equalised in 70 minutes through Andy Hutcheon. With tenminutes of the match to go Ryan Dignan restored the Fifers' lead before Tom Brown scored number three in the dying seconds.

28 September  East Fife 1  Dunfermline Athletic 4 (Reserve League East) Ben Honeyman gave East Fife the lead midway through the first half when he fired home from just inside the visitors' penalty area. The 'Pars' equalised just before the interval following a corner kick. In the second period, Dunfermline's full-time fitness bagan to show and they eventually ran out comfortable winners by four goals to one.

4 October Montrose 2    East Fife 1 (Reserve League East)

9 October  East Fife 0 Caledonian Thistle 5 (Reserve League East) East Fife were totally outclassed by a Caley side which contained several first team regulars.

19 October  East Fife 2 Raith Rovers 4 (Reserve League East) A strong Rovers side took the lead in thirteen minutes with a long range chip and added a second with a close range header just before half time. Early in the second half the visitors increased their lead from the penalty spot. East Fife staged a comeback when Darren Wright scored with a fierce curling shot before Gavin Tinley brought the score back to 3-2 with a close range effort. With East Fife pressing hard for the equaliser, Rovers broke out of defence and sealed their win with a fourth goal in the dying minutes.

25 October  Arbroath 3   East Fife 1 (Reserve League East)

1 November  East Fife 0   Brechin City 4  (Reserve League East) After some brief early pressure from East Fife, Brechin adapted to the slippery surface and took control of the game. Two goals in each half scored by Coulson and Hutcheon saw the visitors win the match comfortably.

9 November Caledonian Thistle 1 East Fife  0 (Reserve League East) This match was switched to Grant Street Park (home of Clachnacuddin F.C.) as Caledonian Stadium was being used for the Semi Final of the Inverness Cup. Caledonian Thistle dominated the match and were unfortunate not to win by a greater margin. The Fifers fielded a very young and inexperienced side, who did manage to create one or two chances in the second half despite the 'home' side's superiority.

16 November  East Fife 3 Caledonian Thistle 1 (Reserve League Cup Rnd 2) Both sides fielded strong teams for this cup tie. Thistle took the lead after only seven minutes with a close range header. In the second half Paul Clarke equalised from the penalty spot after Grant MacPherson had been brought down on the edge of the box. Darren Wright gave East Fife the lead with a superb lob from the right hand side of the penalty area before Paul Clarke put the Fifers 3-1 up with a second penalty. Both sides deserve credit for played entertaining football in what was an exciting and thoroughly enjoyable match.

23 November East Fife 1 Montrose 0 (Reserve League East) Highlight of this rather dull encounter was Raymond Logan's solo effort ten minutes from time when he took the ball half the length of the field before shooting home. The 'Gable-Endies', who scored seven against Brechin in their last reserve outing, posed little threat in front of goal and it was the home side who created the best of the chances.

6 December  Raith Rovers 3  East Fife 0  (Reserve League East) Rovers eventually won this match by a comfortable margin with goals from Stein (2) and McKenzie, but it wasn't all plain sailing for the home side. The Raith 'keeper prevented Gavin Tinley from opening the scoring in fifteen minutes and the same player was unlucky just after the break when his shot was stopped on the line. Darren Wright almost scored ten minutes later but again the home 'keeper pulled off a fine save.

17 January  Forfar Athletic 1  East Fife 1 (Reserve League East) East Fife took the lead against a strong Forfar side just on half time when their trialist striker scored from a Darren Wright cross. The home side equalised midway through the second half through Christie. With ten minutes to go Forfar 'keeper Jim Moffat pulled off a tremendous save from Darren Wright to deny the Fifers victory.

27 January  Dunfermline Athletic 3   East Fife 2  (Reserve League Cup Rnd 3) The 'Pars' were three goals up after only half an hour of this cup tie and seemed to be cruising into the next round. The Fifers had other ideas, however, and pulled the score back to 3-2 with second half goals from Tinley and Robertson. The match ended with East Fife pressing for what would have been a deserved equaliser.

1 February  East Fife 1   Caledonian Thistle 3 (Reserve League East) Thistle piled on the pressure in the opening stages and were unlucky not to take the lead after eleven minutes when the ball ricochet off the post. The Fifers' chances were few and far between and by the midway stage in the first half the visitors had raced to a two goal lead. East Fife pulled a goal back after the restart when the trialist no.2 prodded the ball home from close range following good work on the right from Grant McPherson, but Thistle's two goal advantage was soon restored with a fierce drive from the edge of the penalty area which gave 'keeper Andy Stewart no chance.

8 February  East Fife 0   Dunfermline Athletic 2 (Reserve League East) The Fifers piled on the pressure in the early stages but all they had to show for their efforts was a Gavin Tinley effort which curled over the bar. The 'Pars' gradually forced their way into the match and took the lead on the half hour mark when Hamish French placed the ball under the diving body of home'keeper Andy Stewart. The visitors doubled their advantage in the second half with a fine solo effort from Jason Dair.

22 February  East Fife 1   Forfar Athletic 3  (Reserve League East) East Fife went ahead in 17 minutes. Richard Gibb forced a corner on the left and the resultant kick was played hard and low into the box where Gavin Tinley was on hand to prod the ball into the net at the far post. Forfar turned the game around with two headed goals in the space of two minutes on the half-hour mark. The visitors added a third in the dying minutes of the second half.

4 April  Montrose 3   East Fife 2  (Reserve League East) After an incident packed first half during which both sides came close to scoring, Montrose took the lead through their trialist No.10 in 50 minutes. Graham Robertson was sent off five minutes later when he pulled off a save after Andy Stewart had been beaten. The home side doubled their advantage from the resultant penalty. In 60 minutes the Fifers found themselves three goals behind when Montrose's trialist No.11 shot home. Five minutes later Stuart Mackay pulled a goal back from the penalty spot after Kevin Longmuir had been brought down. Steven Ferguson pulled a second goal back with two minutes remaining.

10 April  Brechin City 4   East Fife 0 (Reserve League East) A match totally dominated by the home side against a weak East Fife team which contained several trialists.

25 April East Fife 0 Forfar Athletic 0 (Reserve League East) - Both sides seved up some entertaining football despite the bitterly cold, wet and windy conditions. Best effort for East Fife was a Gavin Tinley overhead kick which went inches over the bar, whilst at the other end the Loons were denied a late winner by the woodwork.

1 May  East Fife 1   Arbroath 2  (Reserve League East) - East Fife took an early lead when Graham Robertson calmly placed the ball in the corner of the net after Darren Wright's close range effort had been blocked by the 'keeper. The 'Lichties' equalised with a headed goal before half time. A defensive blunder midway through the second half led to the visitors snatching the winner with a close range header.

3 May Dunfermline Athletic 8   East Fife 0 (Reserve League East) The Fifers fielded no fewer than EIGHT  trialists for their second reserve match in three days. Reserve League East champions Dunfermline cruised to a four goal lead before the interval and added another four to their tally after the break for a convincing but not entirely surprising victory.

Return to 'Results for Season 1999/2000'